Gentle Scanning Of Historical And Fragile Documents
The idea of double sided scanning in one production step primarily means less production effort: The document no longer needs to be flipped over and scanned again on the other side. That makes the scanner an ideal companion for press clipping, archiving and library services.
The scanner features two camera boxes, both consisting of three CCD systems, integrated into the upper and lower part of the device. The WideTEK® 36DS captures both sides of the newspaper at the same time. After scanning, software separates the scanned document into four single images; capturing the left and right half of the front and back of the newspaper – everything in one single step.
The scanner is equipped with two processor units. This allows an extremely fast data throughput. The patented stitching procedure merges the images of the cameras seamlessly together. The scanner resolution of 1200 dpi guarantees brilliant scan results.
The WideTEK® 36DS encompasses the proven technologies of the entire WideTEK® scanner family.
Compact Design – Double The Scanning Power
The mechanical construction of the WideTEK® 36DS is also a highlight. The more extensive mechanics and additional camera and light units were integrated into the device without dramatically enlarging its dimensions. The duplex scanner is only 13 centimeters larger than the compact WideTEK® 36. The complete camera optical system is integrated in two dust-free sealed housings. Once optimally adjusted, all components are protected against external influences and require no maintenance.
Special transport rollers, with individually spring loaded ball bearing pairs serving as pressure points; ensure the best possible gentle document transport. WideTEK® 36DS digitizes even historical and fragile documents without damage to the source document.
- High performance wide format duplex scanner for double sided documents up to 36 in. (915 mm) wide
- Compact design – double the scanning power
- 2.5 seconds at 300 dpi for front and back sides of a newspaper page
- Scans up to 36 inches (915 mm) in width
- Fastest color scanning at 15 inches per second (22.9 m/min) @ 200 dpi
- 1200 x 1200 dpi scanner resolution
- Scan2USB — Walk up Scanning to any USB device
- Automatic crop & deskew
- On the fly rotation while scanning facilitates postprocessing
- Face up scanning (no more “blind “scanning)
- Real time display of scanned images, modify images without rescanning
- Scans both sides of a source document in a single pass
- LED lamps, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Large touchscreen for simplified operation
- User interface configurable in your language
- Virus resistant Linux OS
- Remote maintenance and troubleshooting
- Firmware updates via web interface
- Dust-free camera technology
Let one of our experts help you choose best product(s) for your business!
Don't miss out on a monthly deal
Our monthy Cash-in Trade-up is the perfect opportunity for you and your business to get the latest equipment, to save money and to make money.
Type your email below and start receiving our special offers.