Gentle Scanning of Historical and Fragile Documents
WideTEK® 48 gently scans due to special transport rollers that serve as pressure points ensuring safe document transport. For historical and fragile documents, this is critical. The new background drum does not touch the glass plate at any time, avoiding scratches and document skews. For extra contrast on sepias and film based documents, the standard black background drum can be easily exchanged with a white drum, with no tools required.
Automatic document size recognition means that operators are flexible when feeding a source document into the scanner. It is not necessary to exactly center the document on the scan area. With crop and deskew, the resulting image output will be straight, centered and without black borders.
State of the art illumination using bright white LEDs guarantees long lifetime and a low cost of ownership, since there are practically no consumables necessary over the life of the product. Cutting edge camera technology, with a dust-protected, fully sealed camera box holding CCD systems that use a patented stitching procedure, delivers a scanner resolution of up to 1200 dpi optical.The user operates the scanner either with a standard internet browser or alternatively, via the built-in touchscreen. A monitor directly connected to the scanner can be used for image control or to modify the scan parameters, without a client PC. Using the touchscreen display, up to 30 different password protected jobs can be defined and stored. The jobs contain preconfigured settings such as scan parameters or directories on the network drives.
Easy To Use Walk Up Scanning Or Mobile Scanning With Scan2PAD
Scan2Pad® lets you control the WideTEK 48 using an iPad or an Android tablet or even a smartphone running Android version 4.0.3 or higher.
The exceptionally high scanning speed, dust-protected and encapsulated optical components and the absence of consumables characterize this highly efficient production-ready device. With a life expectancy of over one million scans, the WideTEK® 48 redefines the price/performance ratio in the wide format scanner market.
- Scans up to 48 inches (1220 mm) in width
- Fastest color scanning at 15 inches per second (22.9 m/min) @ 150 dpi
- 1200 x 1200 dpi scanner resolution
- Automatic crop & deskew
- On the fly rotation while scanning facilitates postprocessing
- Face up scanning (no more “blind “scanning)
- Real time display of scanned images, modify images without rescanning
- Standalone device with its own integrated PC
- Scan2USB — Walk up Scanning to any USB device
- Dual LED lamps with natural light diffusor, no warm up, IR/UV free
- Large WVGA color touchscreen for simplified operation
- User interface configurable in your language
- Remote maintenance and troubleshooting
- Firmware updates via web interface
- Dust-free camera technology
Let one of our experts help you choose best product(s) for your business!
Don't miss out on a monthly deal
Our monthy Cash-in Trade-up is the perfect opportunity for you and your business to get the latest equipment, to save money and to make money.
Type your email below and start receiving our special offers.