Real-World Office Copier Prices From 1-800 Office Solutions Buyers
October 4, 2022
Office Copier Buying Tips
- Don’t overlook used copiers. You can save money by buying a refurbished office copier. New machines depreciate quickly, and most used copiers sport the same features for a fraction of the cost. A two-year-old copier can cost about 20% of the same brand-new model.
- Buy instead of lease. Saving up the cash to purchase a quality used machine is money well spent as opposed to leasing a copier. Consider your copier purchasing an investment that will pay off within a few years.
- Take time to weigh the pros and cons of a service contract. Today’s copiers continue to increase in quality and reliability, decreasing the necessity of a service contract. Often the money spent serves only as a security blanket. You may be money ahead to find a local technician you can call if a problem arises.
- Buy from a reputable company. Look carefully at the company’s products and services and don’t hesitate to ask questions. Ensure they provide a 100%, 30-day warranty, as most problems may occur within two weeks of shipping. Some companies offer more comprehensive coverage with a 5-year, major components warranty.
- Compare prices from different vendors. Be sure to compare the purchase price and the cost of toner and maintenance contracts.
- Test out the machines before you buy them. Make sure they’re easy to use and that they meet your needs.
- Get a good warranty or service contract.
Buy an office copier that suits your present and future needs.
If your business is trying to keep costs down, it can be tempting to underestimate your copy requirements and buy a more basic machine. Figure out the number of copies you make monthly, then double that number of pages. It’s important to purchase a durable copier that will grow your business. Consider what features you’ll need. For example, some copiers can scan and email documents, while others can print on both sides of the paper.
Do you still have questions? It’s a big decision, and we’re here to help! Feel free to call one of our business specialists, who will be happy to assist you if you’re unsure which machines mentioned above may be right for you.