Best Color Printers: Is Your Small Business Missing Out?
Importance of Multitasking Printers for Small Businesses
In today’s fast-paced business environment, the need to print various documents efficiently is paramount. Multitasking printers have become an essential tool for small businesses, offering a wide range of functions beyond mere printing. These all-in-one devices can scan, copy, and fax, providing a centralized solution for various office needs.
- All-in-One Functionality: All-in-one printers combine printing, scanning, copying, and faxing into one device. This consolidation saves space and simplifies workflow, making them ideal for home office or small business environments.
- Cost-Effectiveness: By integrating multiple functions, these printers reduce the need for separate devices, saving on initial purchase costs and ongoing maintenance.
- Efficiency: Multitasking printers offer features like automatic document feeder, enhancing productivity by automating repetitive tasks. This efficiency is vital for businesses that need to print in color or handle large volumes of documents.
Features to Look for in a Business Printer
Selecting the right printer for your business requires careful consideration of various features. From print quality to connectivity options, here’s what to look for:
- Print Quality: The best color printers offer high resolution anfmuld color accuracy, essential for professional documents and photo printing.
- Connectivity: Modern printers offer wireless connections, allowing multiple devices to print without physical cables. This feature is crucial for a modern home office setup.
- Ease of Use: Features like a color touchscreen interface make navigation and customization more user-friendly.
- Ink and Toner Management: Consider printers with efficient ink cartridge or toner cartridge usage, or those offering ink subscription services to manage ink costs effectively.
- Versatility: Look for an all-in-one inkjet or all-in-one color inkjet printer that can handle various paper sizes and types, including glossy photo paper.
Best Color Printers for Small Businesses
1: HP PageWide Enterprise Flow MFP
The HP PageWide Enterprise Flow MFP is a standout choice for businesses looking for a printer that offers the best-in-class total cost of ownership and fastest speeds. With a focus on security, energy efficiency, and transforming paper documents into digital content, it’s a comprehensive solution for various printing needs.
- Multi-Function Capabilities: This all-in-one device can print, scan, copy, and fax, turning paper documents into digital content seamlessly.
- Unparalleled Security: Offers the world’s most secure printing, with multi-level security features to protect sensitive information.
- Networking Options: Provides both Ethernet and wireless networking options, allowing for flexible connectivity within the office environment.
- Energy Efficiency: Recognized for best-in-class energy efficiency, contributing to a greener office and reduced energy bills.
- Speed: With the ability to print up to 70 pages per minute, it’s one of the fastest printers in its class.
- Volume: Designed for teams of 5–15 people, it can handle up to 7,500 pages per month, ideal for small to medium-sized businesses.
- Quality: Delivers crisp and clear prints, whether in black and white or color, ensuring professional-quality documents.
- Reliability: Known for consistent performance, minimizing downtime and maintenance needs.
- Total Cost of Ownership: Offers the lowest total cost of ownership in its class, making it an attractive investment for businesses focused on long-term value.
- Ink Efficiency: Utilizes HP’s PageWide technology to optimize ink usage, reducing ongoing ink costs.
- Maintenance: Designed for ease of maintenance, with user-friendly features and robust build quality that minimizes service needs.
- Value Proposition: The combination of speed, security, efficiency, and multi-function capabilities positions the HP PageWide Enterprise Flow MFP as a valuable asset for businesses looking to optimize their printing solutions.
The HP PageWide Enterprise Flow MFP is a robust and versatile printer that caters to the multifaceted needs of today’s enterprises. Its emphasis on speed, security, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness makes it a top choice for businesses aiming for productivity and value.
2: Xerox Phaser 6510/DNI
The Xerox Phaser 6510/DNI is a Color LED Printer designed to offer robust performance and outstanding print quality. With its compact design and advanced features, it’s an ideal choice for small work teams and individual users.
- Color LED Technology: Utilizes LED technology to produce vibrant and accurate color prints.
- Automatic Two-Sided Printing: Standard duplex printing helps save paper and offers professional-looking documents.
- Network Connectivity: Offers versatile connectivity options, including 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet, USB 3.0, Wi-Fi 802.11n, and Wi-Fi Direct, allowing for easy integration into various network environments.
- Small Footprint: Its compact design enables easy placement on a desk or in a shared location, making it suitable for small offices or home use.
- Print Speed: Capable of printing up to 30 pages per minute, ensuring efficient performance for daily tasks.
- Paper Capacity: Comes with a 300-sheet paper tray, reducing the need for frequent refills.
- Duty Cycle: Designed to handle up to 3,000 pages per month, making it suitable for work teams of 2 to 7 users.
- Outstanding Print Quality: Known for delivering high-quality prints, whether in color or black and white.
- Value Proposition: Offers a balance of performance and cost, making it a sensible choice for small businesses or workgroups.
- Energy Efficiency: Incorporates energy-saving features to minimize operational costs.
The Xerox Phaser 6510/DNI stands out as a reliable and efficient color printer that caters to the needs of small work teams. With features like automatic duplex printing, versatile network connectivity, and a compact design, it offers a blend of convenience and quality.
3: Lexmark C925 Series
The Lexmark C925 Series is a line of printers that offers a balance between standardization and flexibility, making it an attractive option for enterprise environments.
- Standardization: Allows IT departments to create uniform printing protocols across the organization, simplifying management.
- Fleet Flexibility: Despite the standardization, it offers customization options to suit the specific needs of different departments or teams.
- High-Volume Printing: Designed to handle large printing volumes efficiently.
- Security Measures: Incorporates advanced security features to protect sensitive information.
- Speed and Quality: Known for fast printing speeds without compromising on quality, whether in color or monochrome.
- Reliability: Built for consistent performance, minimizing downtime.
- Total Cost of Ownership: Offers competitive pricing with a focus on long-term value.
- Maintenance: Designed for ease of maintenance, reducing ongoing service costs.
4: Lexmark C792 Series
The Lexmark C792 Series shares many of the same characteristics as the C925 Series, with specific features tailored to enterprise standardization and fleet flexibility.
- Enterprise Standardization: Enables IT departments to implement uniform printing standards across various departments, streamlining operations.
- Customizable Fleet Options: Provides the ability to tailor printing solutions to different needs within the organization, maintaining flexibility.
- Advanced Security: Includes robust security features to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of printed documents.
- Connectivity Options: Offers various networking options to integrate seamlessly into different office environments.
- Efficient Printing: Delivers high-speed printing with the quality that meets professional standards.
- Durability: Constructed with robust materials to withstand heavy usage, ensuring long-term reliability.
- Investment Value: Positioned as a cost-effective solution with a focus on reducing total ownership costs.
- Energy Efficiency: Incorporates energy-saving features to minimize operational expenses.
Both the Lexmark C925 and C792 Series offer a unique blend of standardization and flexibility, allowing IT departments to implement uniform printing solutions across the enterprise without sacrificing the ability to cater to specific needs. With a focus on performance, security, and cost-effectiveness, these series represent a thoughtful investment for businesses looking to optimize their printing fleet.
5: Brother MFC-L8905CDW
The Brother MFC-L8905CDW stands out as the best printer for small businesses in 2023. It’s an all-in-one color laser model that excels in various aspects:
- Automatic Document Feeder: Streamlines scanning and copying tasks.
- Wireless Connectivity: Enables printing from multiple devices.
- Color Touchscreen: Enhances ease of navigation.
- Print Quality: Delivers sharp and vibrant color pages.
- Speed: Prints quickly at up to 32 pages per minute.
- Photo Printing: Though not its strongest suit, it offers decent photo printing capabilities.
- Toner Cartridge: Reasonably priced and long-lasting.
- Maintenance: Low ongoing costs, with occasional drum replacement.
6: Brother MFC-L2750DW
The Brother MFC-L2750DW is a top pick for the best mid-range all-in-one printer for small businesses.
- Monochrome best Laser Printer: Ideal for businesses that primarily print black-and-white documents.
- Automatic Document Feeder: Enhances efficiency.
- Wireless Connectivity: Facilitates printing from various devices.
- Print Quality: Excellent for text documents.
- Speed: Prints at 36 pages per minute.
- Ease of Use: Intuitive interface and simple maintenance.
- Toner Cartridge: High yield and affordable.
- Overall Value: Offers great performance at a reasonable price.
7: Brother HL-L2390DW
For those on a budget, the Brother HL-L2390DW is the best budget option.
- Monochrome Laser Printer: Focuses on black-and-white printing.
- Wireless Connectivity: Allows for flexible printing options.
- Ease of Use: Simple setup and operation.
- Print Quality: Good for text documents.
- Speed: Prints at 32 pages per minute.
- Reliability: Known for consistent performance.
- Toner Cartridge: Affordable and long-lasting.
- Maintenance: Low ongoing costs.
8: Epson EcoTank ET-15000
The Epson EcoTank ET-15000 is the go-to option for businesses that need to print posters or large-format documents.
- Wide-Format Printing: Supports tabloid-size paper up to 13″ x 19″.
- Ink Tank: Yields thousands of prints, reducing ink replacement frequency.
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, USB, Ethernet options.
- Print Quality: High-resolution printing with detailed graphics.
- Speed: Adequate for bulk printing.
- Versatility: Suitable for various printing needs, including color printing.
- Ink Costs: Replacement ink is affordable.
- Value: Offers unique wide-format printing capabilities at a reasonable price.
9: HP OfficeJet 250
For businesses on the go, the HP OfficeJet 250 portable printer is a top choice.
- Portable Design: Compact and battery-powered for mobile use.
- All-in-One Functionality: Print, scan, and copy on the go.
- Wireless Connectivity: Print from mobile devices.
- Print Quality: Good for documents and basic print photos.
- Speed: Slower due to its portable nature but adequate for on-the-go printing.
- Battery Life: Lasts about 225 prints on a full charge.
- Ink Cartridge: Holds around 100 to 150 pages before needing replacement.
- Value: Offers unique portability features at a fair price.
Recent Updates and Notable Mentions
Updates on Printer Recommendations
As of June 2023, several updates have been made to our list of the best printers you can buy. The Canon imageCLASS MF743Cdw was replaced with the Brother MFC-L8905CDW due to discontinuation. The Epson EcoTank ET-15000 was added for its superior ink yield, and the HP OfficeJet Pro was introduced as the best portable pick.
- Testing Printers: Regularly updated to reflect the latest models and technologies.
- Replacements and Additions: Ensuring that the list includes the best home printers of 2023 and caters to various needs, from home use to small office environments.
- Focus on Quality and Value: Continuously evaluating print quality, ease of use, and cost to provide the most accurate recommendations.
Notable Mentions: HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw, Brother HL-L2325DW
In addition to our top picks, the HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw and Brother HL-L2325DW deserve mention. These models offer unique features and value, making them notable options for various printing needs.
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw:
- Color Laser Printer: Offers vibrant color printing.
- All-in-One Functionality: Includes scanning, copying, and faxing.
- Performance: Known for consistent quality and speed.
- Monochrome Laser Printer: Focuses on black-and-white printing.
- Wireless Connectivity: Enables flexible printing options.
- Value: Offers reliable performance at an affordable price.
These printers reflect the diverse range of options available on the market, catering to various needs, whether you work from home, run a small business, or need specialized printing solutions like glossy photo or per color printing. By considering your specific requirements and budget, you can choose the best printer that aligns with your goals.
Inkjet vs. Laser Printers for Small Businesses
When it comes to choosing the right printer for your business, understanding the differences between inkjet and laser printers is crucial. Both have unique characteristics that cater to various needs.
- Color Printing: Inkjet printers are known for their superior color printing, making them ideal for glossy photo prints and vibrant documents.
- Cost: Generally, inkjet printers are cheaper upfront but may have higher ongoing ink costs.
- Size and Portability: Often smaller and lighter, inkjet printers can be a good choice for home or small office environments.
- Print Speed: Typically slower than laser printers, especially for high-quality prints.
- Ink Costs: Consider models with tank printers or inkvestment tank color inkjet all-in-one systems to manage ink costs.
- Speed: Laser printers are faster, making them suitable for businesses that need to print in color or black and white in large volumes.
- Print Quality: Excellent for text documents, though color laser printer models can also produce good color prints.
- Cost-Effectiveness: While more expensive upfront, laser printers use toner cartridges that last longer, potentially saving money in the long run.
- Size: Generally larger and heavier, ideal for dedicated office spaces.
How to Choose the Right Printer for Your Business
Selecting the right printer for your business involves considering various factors to align with your specific needs and budget. Here’s a comprehensive guide:
Understand Your Needs:
- Volume: Estimate the number of pages you’ll print monthly.
- Type of Printing: Determine if you need color, black and white, or per color printing.
- Special Features: Consider if you need an all-in-one inkjet printer, portable printer, or other specialized functions.
Evaluate Printer Types:
- Inkjet vs. Laser: Choose based on print quality, speed, and cost (as detailed above).
- Monochrome vs. Color: Decide if you need a color printer or a monochrome model.
- Initial Cost: Compare upfront costs, considering best budget options if necessary.
- Ongoing Costs: Evaluate ink or toner expenses, maintenance, and potential subscription services like HP Instant Ink.
Check Compatibility and Connectivity:
- Compatibility: Ensure the printer works with your existing devices and operating systems.
- Connectivity: Look for wireless options if you work from home or need flexibility in printer placement.
What People Also Ask
What are the best color printers for photo printing in a small business?
The best color printers for photo printing in a small business often include inkjet models known for their vibrant color reproduction. Brands like Epson and Canon offer specialized photo printers with high-resolution printing and various paper handling capabilities. The Epson Expression Home series is a popular choice for quality photo printing.
How to maintain a printer for long-lasting performance?
Maintaining a printer for long-lasting performance involves regular cleaning, proper alignment, using the right type of paper, and following the manufacturer's guidelines for ink or toner replacement. Regular software updates and prompt servicing when issues arise also contribute to the printer's longevity. It's essential to follow the specific maintenance guidelines provided for your printer model.
What are the differences between monochrome and color printers?
Monochrome printers print only in black and white, while color printers can print in various colors. Monochrome laser printers are generally faster and more cost-effective for text documents, ideal for high-volume printing. In contrast, color printers, especially inkjet models, are preferred for printing graphics, photos, and colored documents, offering more versatility but often at a higher cost.
How to reduce printing costs in a small business?
Reducing printing costs in a small business can be achieved by selecting a cost-effective printer model, like a monochrome laser printer if color printing is not essential. Utilizing duplex printing, managing print quality settings, and opting for third-party ink or toner cartridges can also save costs. Subscription services like HP Instant Ink or investing in tank color inkjet all-in-one printer models can further manage ink expenses.
Choosing the right printer for your business is a decision that requires careful consideration of various factors, including the type of printing you need, the volume of printing, budget constraints, and specific features like all-in-one capabilities or color printing. Whether you’re looking for the best budget option, a high-quality color laser printer, or the latest printers of 2023, understanding the differences between inkjet and laser printers, evaluating costs, and considering your unique business needs will guide you to the perfect choice.
In the rapidly evolving world of technology, staying updated with the latest models and features, such as HP Color LaserJet Pro or Epson Expression Home, ensures that you invest in a printer that aligns with your current and future requirements. From home office setups to bustling small businesses, the market offers dozens of printers to cater to various needs.
Remember, the best printers you can buy are not just about print quality or speed; they’re about finding a solution that fits seamlessly into your workflow, enhances productivity, and offers long-term value. Whether you work from home or run a small enterprise, investing time in researching and choosing the best printer will pay dividends in efficiency, convenience, and satisfaction.